Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yeah, check it out y'all, one two we back up in this joint!

The death penalty is one of the most controversial subjects to discuss in our society today. Both sides for and against the penalty are very passionate about it. In my own idea of it though, I would say that the death penalty is not affective as a way to stop crime and criminals. Let's face it, does the death penalty deter violent crimes? No, it doesn't. Violent crimes will always happen, no matter what the punishment may be. There will always be people who are extremely angry or insane, and no matter what the consequences are, they will commit crimes of unspeakable violence. On top of that, it costs millions upon millions of dollars to execute someone. For example, in Maryland, the number of death penalty cases in that state will cost the citizens about $107.3 million dollars in their lifetime. That is completely ridiculous. Think about how much money that Texas and Florida spend on the death penalty. It just isn't worth it.

The only thing that the death penalty is used for is retribution, pure and simple. The death penalty will never deter violent crimes. Real talk, son. We as Americans are (unfortunately) bloodthirsty people. We are out for justice and revenge. The only way I think the death penalty will work; if the criminals themselves agree to face the death penalty. I'm sure many criminals wouldn't want to rot their lives away in a prison. There was only one thing that surprised me in my death penalty findings; and that's that the two states that allow hanging as a method of punishment are Washington and New Hampshire. I could picture a lot of southern states allowing that, but it is not to be. I find it very hard to believe that a state in the New England territory allows hangings. I thought that was a very liberal area and I can't believe that that's actually allowed there.

You can never master, it's invincible, Wu-Tang indispensable
One nation, under God, indivisible
With liberty and justice, the mic is in my clutches
Thugs who bring ruckus leave in crutches

No comments:

Post a Comment